The general ledger of jackrabbit Rentals at January 1, 2018, includes the following account balances:
a. January 12 Provide services to customers on account, $62,400.
b. February 25 Provide services to customers for cash, $75,300.
c. March 19 Collect on accounts receivable, $45,700.
d. April 30 Issue shares of common stock in exchange for $30,000 cash.
e. June 16 Purchase supplies on account, $12,100.
f. July 7 Pay on accounts payable, $11,300.
g- September 30 Pay salaries for employee work in the current year, $64,200.
h. November 22 Pay advertising for the current year, $22,500.
i. December 30 Pay $2,900 cash dividends to stockholders.
1. Set up the necessary T-accounts and enter the beginning balances from the trial balance. In addition to the accounts shown, the company also has accounts for Supplies, Salaries Payable, Interest Payable, Dividends, Service Revenue, Salaries Expense, Advertising Expense, Interest Expense, and Supplies Expense.
2. Record each of the summary transactions listed above.
3. Post the transactions to the accounts.
4. Prepare an unadjusted trial balance.
5. Record adjusting entries. Accrued interest on the notes payable at year-end amounted to $2,500. Accrued salaries at year-end amounted to $1,500. Supplies remaining on hand at the end of the year equal $2,300.
6. Post adjusting entries.
7. Prepare an adjusted trial balance.
8. Prepare an income statement for 2018 and a classified balance sheet as of December 31, 2018.
9. Record closing entries.
10. Post closing entries.
11. Prepare a post-closing trial balance.
This question was answered on: Jul 11, 2017
Need a similar solution fast, written anew from scratch? Place your own custom order
We have top-notch tutors who can help you with your essay at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments. This we believe is a better way of understanding a problem and makes use of the efficiency of time of the student. New solution orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.